St Albans for Refugees is a registered charity (1167679) and a not for profit company limited by guarantee (company no. 09899830). The Trustees are Liz Needham, Debbie Playford, Farhat Zia and Jacqui Freeman.
Our charity objects, as laid out in our Memorandum and Articles, are:
- To collect and distribute emergency aid for refugees from war, oppression, natural disasters, climate change, and those being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, or membership of a particular social group or political opinion.
- The relief of financial hardship amongst those granted refugee status and their dependants living (temporarily or permanently) in St Albans and the surrounding area.
- To preserve and protect the physical and mental health of those granted refugee status and their dependents.
- To advance the education and training of those granted refugee status and their dependents in need thereof so as to advance them in life and assist them to adapt within a new community.
- To advance the education of the public in general about the issues relating to refugees and those seeking asylum.
- The provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life of those persons who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances.
- The relief of sickness and financial hardship amongst those seeking asylum in the United Kingdom or who are refugees, and who reside in St Albans and the surrounding area.
- The relief of unemployment of those granted refugee status and those seeking asylum in the United Kingdom, and in particular St Albans and the surrounding area, by the provision of vocational and skills training, advice and support.